Saturday, September 29, 2007

bonds..

National service, 2 years of our time, once in our life. I can't agree more when people say that it's a waste of time and it causes us guys to be lagging behind the girls in terms of academic and work experience. But there's something I can't deny after sieving through all the shit, that the people and the bonds that were forge during those days are really tough and unbreakable.

Truthfully speaking, I didn't go through a whole load of shit that normally a typical soldier would go through but my BMT was especially memorable. I was in the toughest company for that particular batch, Mohawk. Through the tough times, real bonds were forge. Bryan, my immediate buddy, and Joe, my neighbouring section buddy. We came through the ranks together even though we kept whining that we want to dropout. We stuck through the remainder years of NS and now all 3 of us are on different parts of the world. Bryan is in the states, future millionaire (in USD!), Joe's in England bedding the chicks there. Just met Joe for one last meetup before going back to England and it was kind of emotional as he won't be back till next yr or worse, never. Embarrassed to say, we were close to tears. This just exemplify how close the three of us are. I'm really sad that we can't meet each other as often as we want to but we know the friendship and brotherhood we forge would not break and disappear. All the best buddies! We'll meet soon.. Somewhere..


taken 2 years ago..Bryan, Joe and me

No comments: